Please note these instructions were tested on a Windows 8.1 clean VM from Azure on 20/07/2015 - updates to r, rstudio, packages, or the training package could cause drift between what works and what doesn't and you'll have to wing it. If you do have to wing it, let me know and I'll update my instructions!
- Download latest base R exe file from cran.rstudio.com
- Also download Rtools latest exe
- Install R then Rtools - if 64bit, install both 32 and 64 as it saves you hassle with other drivers
- Go to rstudio.com
- Select correct install file for your PC, and install
- Open Rstudio
- Go to Tools > Global Options and set Rstudio to point at the location of your git.exe file
- Restart Rstudio
- If you don't automatically get the Git pane (top RHS) then Create a New Project and tick the source control checkbox
- Open up command-prompt (or use the Git pane and select Shell in the extra options)
git config --global user.name="Your name"
git config --global user.email="email@example.com"
- Go to the Packages area (bottom RHS) and select Install. Install devtools and installr
- This can take a while due to dependencies
- If you encounter any packages that could not download or install you won't be able to install Rtraining successfully, but typically re-performing ths install will pick up any packages a second time around
- Install Rtraining
- This can take a while due to dependencies, as I want you to have the most commonly used packages
- Get the project from source control by going to New Project in Rstudio, selecting from version control, and pasting in the URL