Who am I?
I’m Steph Locke
What’s a board pack?
- A collection of key metrics from around the business
- An account of performance from department heads
- A high visibility piece of MI
- A very time consuming document to produce!
- A very expensive document to produce!
What’s a board pack like?
- A research update
- Other pieces of MI
- Business Plans
- Annual Returns
- Other documents with multiple diagrams and associated text
How is it typically done?
- Lots of people across the company beavering away in spreadsheets
- Outputting to Word (hopefully not Excel)
- Lots of stuff gets emailed
- Lots of stuff gets typed, then emailed
- Someone painstakingly consolidates all the sheets / docs into a PDF
- Lots of people criticise / feedback
- Repeat all of above, eventually just publish anyway
What’s would we like to achieve?
- Reduction in sending work back upstream
- Reduction in executive time to produce
- Standardisation of look and feel
- Reduction in spreadsheets
Translating aim to reality